When it comes to eyelash extensions, there are plenty of different types to choose from so it should come as no surprise that there are also extensions made from human hair.
Natural human eyelashes are just like any other hair found on the human body. They are made up of about 10% water and 90% proteins, including keratin and melanin, the substance that gives hair its colour.
Eyelash extensions that are made of human hair have a firmness that falls somewhere in between synthetic or silk eyelash extensions and mink eyelash extensions. They are lighter and more delicate than synthetic lashes, but thicker than mink lashes. They are also more expensive than synthetic lashes.
The majority of human hair used to make eyelash extensions come from India, China, and Indonesia. This hair mostly comes from religious people who make pilgrimages to temples, where they shave their heads in a ritual of devotion. The temple takes these strands, which can get up to 30 inches long, and sells them at an auction, where they go for around $700 per pound of hair. The market price of human hair eyelashes in retail stores ranges from $12 to $36. Human hair eyelashes, for the most part, are hand assembled from scratch with durability in every lash.
Human hair eyelashes are no different than human hair extensions – the materials used and the methods used to make them are the same, Whether human hair is used to create hair extensions, lash extensions, or false stick-on lashes, the effect is the same – supernatural. You are using a product made out of the same material that already exists on your body, so it is no surprise that they will blend together seamlessly.
NOTES ABOUT HUMAN HAIR EYELASH EXTENSIONS
- Lighter and more delicate than synthetic lashes.
- Slightly thicker than mink lashes.
- Have the same thickness throughout due to the way the hair is cut into short pieces for assembly
- Extremely soft and comfortable to wear.
- Are affordable and widely available, making them a popular option over synthetic lashes.
- The majority of human hair used to make lash extensions come from Indonesia, China, and India since their hair is naturally more coarse and full.
- Human hair eyelash extensions respond to mascara the same way your natural eyelashes would.
- Ardell stick-on lashes are made from human hair, so if you’ve ever purchased a pack of Ardell lashes, you’ve tried human lashes.